If you have reached this website because you are thinking of seeking advice from a Chartered Psychologist who is also a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and who has significant line-management experience, here are some further details which I hope will encourage you to contact me
- for organizations, my main area of expertise is in top management selection in general and in the final stages of the selection process (assessment centres and psychometrics) in particular
- for individuals, I offer help to those who want to decide what kind of work to do, to those who are seeking help in terms of what to do next, and to those who would like 'feedback' about their performance on tests and questionnaires.
What else might you want to know?
- Yes, I am the John Toplis who co-authored (with Professors Vic Dulewicz and Clive Fletcher) the book ‘Psychological Testing – A Managers Guide’: I was also Head of Psychological Services in the Post Office (1984 – 91), Director of the Occupational Psychology Unit, Barking College of Technology (1973- 84) and Head of Diagnostic Studies at the National Institute of Industrial Psychology (1968 – 73)
- I am now semi-retired but lucky enough to be fit and active
- My professional standards are first class, my references are excellent, but my fees are modest
- I live in Essex and have access to office accommodation in Central London; I am willing to travel both nationally and internationally
Further details are given on the following pages
If you think that I might be able to help you, please do get in touch. I do not make any charge for answering enquiries or indicating how I might be able to assist.